A regular routine tune-up can give you protection against the major engine problem by locating and replacing worn components, like fuel filters and spark plugs. Having a regular tune-up schedule will assist your vehicle in boosting efficiency, preserving a higher fuel mileage and lasting much longer.
Each component of your vehicle has a certain life expectancy, so it should not come as a surprise when for instance, your transmission or suspension breaks down. The life expectancy of each component is shown in your owner's manual with specific manufacturer benchmarks, roughly around every 30,000 miles. However, sometimes these components can last much longer that the suggested time frame. Nonetheless, it's a good idea to have them inspected by a qualified and experience technician at our auto repair shop, on a regular basis. If you want to avoid major problems in the future, you should have a computer diagnostic performed and vehicle components inspected on regular basis.
Symptoms that indicate your vehicle is in need of a tune-up service include:
- Air flow issues
- Engine sounds, like knocks or pings
- Slow acceleration
- Noticeable electrical issues
- Poor gasoline mileage
The complete tune-up service, performed by our certified technicians, consists of:
- Inspection and filling all fluids
- Installing new spark plugs and spark plug wires
- Switching out Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve, if plugged
- Replacing the air filter
- Examining the blades and installing a new rotor if the old one has splits, burning or carbon build-up
- Checking the valve-cover gasket and adjusting the valves
- Switching out the gas filters
- Inspecting the distributor cap and putting in a new one if needed
At O'Brien Tire & Auto Care, we believe preventative maintenance services, such as tune-up, can prolong the life of your vehicle and save you money in the long run. Schedule an appointment for a tune-up service today to avoid major vehicle problems and extend your car's life, where our friendly staff will welcome you.
With a 4.8 Google rating and over 600 happy customer reviews, you can be assured when you choose O’Brien Tire & Auto Care, we’ll take care of you and your vehicle from start to finish. Our facility is clean with a comfortable waiting lounge and COMPLIMENTARY snacks, refreshments, and Wi-fi. In most cases, you'll receive same-day services as your appointment.
Trust in O'Brien Tire & Auto Care
- A 4.8 Google Rating, 600 Reviews
- AA Auto Care Center Authorized
- NAPA AutoCare Center Authorized
- TechNet Auto Care Authorized
- Serving Our Community SInce 1906
- Affordable Dealership Alternative
- After-Hours Vehicle Drop-Off Service
- Discount Specials Available
- 3-Year/36,000-Mile Nationwide Warranty
- Complimentary Shuttle Service